The Seventh of November; Thanks November

Thank you Saturday

Day Three;


Yes it may be a cliché, however, weekends are my favorite. No, favorite isn’t the right word.  Weekends make me feel like I’m waking up on Christmas morning-- that’s a whole lot of joy. Especially Saturday mornings when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning, start calculating how many hours I have left until my alarm wakes me up, and I have the ah-ha moment! It’s Saturday! Is there any better feeling? (Okay, yes; several other better feelings) no matter. I was excited. Cuddled down and fell back asleep. 

When I woke up several hours later, I stumbled out into the kitchen, grabbed some coffee and plopped down with my knitting loom and yarn. Elizabeth and I talked and soaked up the lazy morning watching fog dance around the streets and up into the sky eventually. We decided to get on with our day. How I kept thinking, I love Saturdays.  I am so thankful for lazy days, like today, when most of my weekends are packed full of work, family gatherings, cleaning, etc.  
Throughout the day I enjoyed the Colorado sunshine and crispy autumn leaves.  Tonight when I came back home all I could think about was chocolate chip cookies and pinot noir.  So, naturally, I whipped some up and turned on How I Met Your Mother. I continue to soak up the night, love my Saturday and enjoy the simple fact that I have no obligation for over 24 hours. Thanks, November.

Chocolate Chip Cookies 


1 and 1/2 sticks softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla 
2 eggs 
Cream above ingredients together until creamy.

Add 2 and 1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Mix until together





Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts-- if desired. They aren’t my desire usually so they’re absent in my scrumptious treat.
Bake in 350º oven for 12 minutes or until you like the way they look! 








Comments

Popular Posts