Thanks November: Day 1

Welcome to a variety of multiple posts where I find gratitude in my life over the next thirty days. Usually I find I’m happiest in the kitchen, or the classroom, therefore I’m sure most of the following posts will relate around one of the following: butter, children, tequila, garlic, or coffee.  Of course not all in the same sitting, that would be gross and, well for lack of a better word; illegal. So as for day one, I’m grateful for daylight savings.  Waking up at 6:30, but realizing it’s 5:30 and the sun is mildly shining through the shades. What a wonderful feeling!

I was able to snuggle down in my white duvet and scroll through blogs, last night’s Halloween snapchats, and Instagram posts while feeling completely rested and ready to go.  No hangover for this girl or walk of shame this morning.  Last night my cousin, and roommate, Elizabeth and I went to bed at 9. Woah, dream big.

But, the whole point of this wonderful, blissfully, early, morning is that I was able to relax.  I snuggled in, then decided to tumble out of bed to make some coffee.  I tossed my hair in a bun, opened my door and saw the beautiful sunrise shining through our slider.  Prancing to the kitchen I grabbed a mug, the pumpkin spice creamer (something I’m also very thankful for) and started the Keurig. The coffee spritzed out and steamed up out of the mug.

At this point I grabbed my coffee and crumbled onto the couch to watch How I Met Your Mother, my current and most favorite obsession my best friend, Sydney, got me hooked on. After a little, I decided to make some breakfast. Which made me so grateful for skills in the kitchen, drive in college to get a ‘big girl job’ and have access to making any variety of meals for breakfast.  I settled on raisin, cinnamon, walnut, oatmeal which actually tasted mildly like an oatmeal raisin cookie-- quite tasty for a breakfast treat!

Truthfully, this day, the First of November, has been blissful and wonderful. I’m ready to say so long October, hello November. It’s time for some gratitude.


Comments

Popular Posts