November Third; Thanks November

I’m grateful, even on those days.

Day 2 of my gratitude.

As Tuesday morning starts off with a tumble out of bed and a cup, or two, of coffee I realize how blessed I am. I wake up in a fluffy bed, turn on my lights [that haven’t been shut off since I’m able to pay my bill], walk to the kitchen and start making my lunch [with food I am able to afford], drink some coffee and sit to reflect on yesterdays work day. I am a fifth grade teacher in a low SES, social economic scale, school.  It’s a typical sad case for many of my children who don’t have winter coats, food, [even love] etc.  So as I was grumbling out of bed and ‘needing’ my cup of joe, I realized: I’m thankful for my career because I was able to go to college; I’m thankful for needing to make my bed in the morning because that means I have a bed; I’m extremely grateful for needing to cook, clean, and take care of my home because, well, you guessed it, I have a home. So since I’ve been dreading waking up and starting a new day, I need to reconsider my inconveniences and be grateful for living such a blessed life. 
I encourage you to do the same friends! 

Now, as for something to make. 

Last night I came home to a crockpot of chicken tortilla soup.  Totally easy and completely delish! I always ask Elizabeth, “Do you like it? If you say yes you might have to eat it again! Don’t lie” when I make up new recipes, which is close to every night. Her response last night was, “Well, hello! I’ve eaten it all tonight, so obviously I want to eat it again”.  Alas, here’s the recipe.

In a crockpot cook--

4 Chicken Breasts
1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
1 Can Black Beans
1 Bag Frozen Corn
1 Cup of Water
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
Half a Lime
Chips

Cook on low for 8 hours (mine ended up being almost 11 from the long work day, and it was just fine!)
Before serving, shred chicken and squeeze lime over soup. 
Serve with chips, and in my case a margarita! 
Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts